Golden Hour Makeup Look

by - 7/14/2018 11:52:00 am


Hey guys!

I know I've been slacking and it’s been a while since I posted anything but I’m back with this new upload.

My favourite time of the day is the golden hour. One hour after sunrise and one hour before the sunset is the golden hour where there is a yellow golden hue in the sky. The sun is not too harsh that means it is the ideal time to click wonderful, aesthetic pictures. Your skin looks like you’ve been bathing in gold and all the imperfections of your skin blur out. The best part about it is that how glowy your skin looks, bonus points if you’re wearing a highlighter as it will pop out like the jewels on Queen Liz’s crown. Everything is just majestic about this hour.


Although it is monsoon right now in India, and it’s gloomy all day you can still wear this look while you’re out and about.

The key for a golden hour makeup look is lots of bronzer and lots of highlighter. So if you plan to ever have a photoshoot during this hour, or just want to simply serve some looks, here’s my go to routine which you can follow.

Before starting my makeup I prep my skin with rose water or aloe vera juice. I use the ones from Kama Ayurveda. I just spritz it over my face and wait till it dries down and then continue with the rest of my makeup. They hydrate my skin and I highly recommend it for people with really oily skin like mine.

My hands usually reach out for the rose water as it is more refreshing and wakes up my skin.
Here’s the makeup look and below that I’ve listed all the products I used to create this look.


Product breakdown:
  1. Benefit cosmetics porefessional primer
  2. Becca ultimate coverage foundation (olive) + HudaBeauty faux filter foundation (toffee)
  3. Innisfree no sebum mineral powder
  4. MAC strobe cream in Peachlite
  5. NARS pressed powder (valley) I use it as contour/bronzer
  6. MAC mineralize skin finish – Global Glow
  7. Becca Pressed highlighter – Opal
  8. theBalm Nude Dude eyeshadow palatte
  9. Le Volume de Chanel mascara
  10. theBalm meet Matt(e) Huges liquid lipstick – Trustworthy
  11. theBalm read my lips lip gloss – Grrr
  12. Smashbox primer water
Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments