How to Maintain Your Skin After Recovering From Acne

by - 9/23/2018 05:33:00 pm

Hey guys!

This is a post written by my bestie, Niharika, who is owns the most amazing blog: themonochromaticblog.com and I just thought of asking her to feature on my blog. Read along to find out her tips on how to maintain your skin after recovering from acne. Also scroll till the end of this page to find her blog link and social medias. 

~

I have dealt with acne since I was 11 or 12. It started on my forehead and then eventually made its way over to the rest of my face with time. I tried every homemade remedy in the book and couldn’t get rid of it completely. I finally resorted to medication. I went to my dermatologist every month and bought expensive acne treatments and medications.
If you have spent a lot of money in trying to control or get rid of your acne, the least you could do is make sure you maintain your skin so you don’t have to go through all of that again. Here are the top 3 rules I swear by to maintain my skin even on the most challenging hormonal days!

  1. Don’t touch your face!
No popping pimples! No self-extracting whiteheads and blackheads! No scratching face! Do NOT pick at your face because it may seem like just one little white head or just one little spot on your face but the next thing you know, you see another one and another one and another one. I cannot stress how good and clean my face feels and looks when I leave it alone for even a couple days! 
My face gets itchy often as I have combination skin but when you scratch your face it may just seem a little affected at the time but you could end up leaving scratches on your face and scarring or causing acne marks to be left behind.

  1. Eat healthy and drink a ton of water!
I don’t think diet has an instant effect on my skin in terms of increasing acne, but I know it affects a lot of people. However, eating healthy does improve my skin significantly. I notice when I eat a lot of fruits, my skin is a bit more glowy and feels healthy. I recently went on a one-week smoothie diet where I would drink a smoothie a day (along with the normal 3 meals of the day) and I just felt so good inside and out. 
I also drink a lot more water when my skin starts acting up. The more you hydrate, the better your skin will look and the more healthy you will be from the inside too!

  1. Pamper yourself!
Washing your face every day has been spoken about by everyone. But put on a face mask once in a while, or make one out of organic ingredients you can find in your home! Give your skin some extra love to help it regenerate faster. Even though a face mask or a face wash/cleanser won’t necessarily remove existing acne, it will clean your skin and give it the moisture/nutrients it needs and will make your skin look better. Pampering your skin the right way will help prevent more breakouts too!

At the end of the day, self-care is the most important. You need to feel happy on the inside and on the outside so do whatever you think your skin needs and look at the bigger picture to avoid damaging your skin because of in-the-moment decisions!




Check out her blog:

Follow her social medias:


You May Also Like

2 comments