Review - CAMÉLIA DE CHANEL ILLUMINATING POWDER

by - 5/13/2017 11:15:00 pm


First of all I promise that this is not a review blog. I am not able to plan and post variety of stuff because of  my schedule and a lack of confidence. Besides reviews are a lot easier to post as they don't require much brainstorming or even photoshop :P Anyways moving on to the review.


Can I just say how visually pleasing this highlighter looks? This is the most beautiful piece of make up that I own or will ever own. It feels like I have found a rare gem.

P.S. Sorry for the poorly done swatch I was tired.

The highlighter is given the shape of Chanel's iconic symbol - the camellia flower. This is a limited edition highlighter that is packed in a red Les Beige case. It has a velvety texture, and the extremely fine powder gives a natural glow as the powder itself is neither too warm or silvery also making it suitable for all skin tones.


The highlighter stays on for long period. It does not feel heavy or give an unnatural glow even when you apply more. This highlighter is meant for a natural everyday glow. Since the highlighter has a slight creamy texture to it, it doesn't apply well with a brush. However it looks just as good when applied using the fingers. More over this is a trait of a French brand. They believe in natural looks and the mantra "Less is more".

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and would recommend it only if you're willing to spend over five thousand bucks for a product.

I bought this highlighter at the Chanel store in Palladium Mall, Lower Parel.

You May Also Like

0 comments