Review – Maybelline The Blushed Nudes

by - 4/01/2017 01:22:00 am


I had been hunting for a rose gold eyeshadow for the longest time. Finding this one was a jackpot since I got 12 different shades instead of one. This was my time to shine and make endless looks with this one eyeshadow palette.

The best thing about this palette is the price. In India you can get it off from nykaa.com for Rs.899. I don’t know about the Maybelline counters though. I’ve never seen it there like many other products.

Starting off with the way it looks. Can we just take a moment of silence for the colour of this palette? It’s pink and it is so freaking beautiful. The colour of this palette itself swept me off my feet. Moving on to the size, it’s the perfect size. Not too big, not too small, just perfect enough that you can even fit it inside your bag.


The palette comes with 12 unique shades to give everything from a go to everyday look to a smoky eye look. It also comes with an applicator which I find very un-useful but I keep just it in case. Always keep the applicators, never throw them. You never know when you might need one.

About the product the top four shades are sheer and you might need to apply a few coats to actually show the colour. However you mainly need them for applying as a base so it does not make much of a difference. You can in fact use the middle four shades as a highlighter too.


The lower few shades help intensify your look. They’re more pigmented than the top shades hence you can use them to contour the crease. The fourth shade from the bottom line is the only matte shade in the whole palette thus if you’re looking for matte colours this palette is not for you.


Also I’ve read many reviews and comments about people pointing out that the shades in this palette are not meant for darker skin tone. It is not at all true. It depends upon the look you’re going for and in what part of the eye your shade is going. Specific shades for specific skin colour is a total myth, you have to be creative and know how and where to use the shade.

Beginners, if you’re looking for a good but affordable palette, this one’s for you. You can create endless looks with this palette for all kinds of occasions. The back of the palette provides a guide to different looks that you can create with this palette. The only thing I did not like about this palette is that the shades are not named and so it becomes difficult for me to to keep track of which the shade that I'm using. You feel me? I hope you do cause it’ll be extremely embarrassing otherwise.

Anyways I hope this review was helpful. You can buy the palette from nykaa.com for Rs. 899.

You May Also Like

0 comments