Night routine for acne prone skin

by - 3/29/2017 09:58:00 pm


The good news is that this is a lazy girl night routine. Being lazy and also having tonnes of acne can be a pain in the butt hence I came up with this three step routine which you can follow every night before going to bed. 

The products that I use are:

  • The Body Shop tea tree face wash – Rs. 695
  • The Body Shop tea tree oil – Rs. 695 
  • Sephora Moisturizing Body Lotion – Rs. 800

I know that these products are overpriced but I don’t like to compromise the quality of my products when it comes to my face. Also I have tried hundreds of face wash for my stubborn acne and found this one to actually work on my skin however you can use any face wash that suits your skin. About the body lotion that I’m using on my face, I don’t have any facial moisturizer and I’m too lazy to hunt for a good moisturizer therefore here I am embarrassing myself on my blog. You can use any moisturizer that you like. Anyways I present to you this lazy girl approved night routine for acne prone skin.

Step 1


Wash your face thoroughly using the face wash. Make sure your face has no greasy feel after rinsing. Not keeping your face clean is one of the causes of acne as it provides suitable conditions for bacteria to grow. This is a key step to get good results.

Step 2


This is the most important step. Take few drops of the tea tree oil using cotton or a cotton swab and press it gently on your pimples. Make sure you do not apply it anywhere else since tea tree oil is used to dry the pimple hence if you apply anywhere else it will end up drying your skin. If you feel the tea tree oil is very strong you can dilute it using coconut oil.

Step 3


As I mentioned above that tea tree oil is used to dry out pimples. It will tend to dry out your skin. Also since we got rid of the natural oils of the face by using face wash it is now time to moisturize your skin. Take some good facial moisturizer and evenly apply it to your face. If you’re feeling extra lazy you can even add a few drops of tea tree oil to your moisturizer and apply the mixture to your face hence skipping the 2nd step.


Note: Do not expect to notice any changes immediately after 2-3 days. It will take few weeks to see visible results. I will however not say that this has given me 100% results but I can surely say that it has reduced my acne by a greater extent and using the moisturizer has in fact made my skin softer. You can never completely get rid of acne without making changes to your diet, but that is a whole new story. Stay tuned if you want to learn more about tips to get rid of acne. Please share and help more lazy fellas out. 

You May Also Like

0 comments