Audrey Hepburn Inspired Makeup Look

by - 6/12/2017 12:00:00 am


Hi guys! I have been planning this blog post for the longest time. After lots of brainstorming and going through several inspirational posts this post looks just the way I wanted it to look like.
Audrey Hepburn is a huge inspiration to me not only with regards to her make up or sense of styling but also her personality and her ideas.

So here’s a tutorial on a makeup look that is inspired by Audrey Hepburn. You can make it an everyday look too as its easy and doesn’t use too many products or consume too much of time.

The first step is to use a primer. Many people skip this step but believe me it makes a lot of difference. It prevents your makeup from wearing out quickly. The second step is to apply loose powder to get a "flawless foundation" look. It helps your base stay matte for longer period and prevents your makeup from creasing. Just apply your powder normally. The primer and loose powder that I use are from Bharat and Doris.
Primer and Powder that I use
The next step is concealer followed by foundation. I use the NYX Above & Beyond full coverage concealer and Maybelline Fit Me foundation in the shade 230. Use concealer to hide away your blemishes or any other imperfections. You can apply it under your eyes to get a highlighted effect too. You can blend it with your fingers or use a beauty blender to do the same. 


The foundation I use has a medium to high coverage and doesn’t feel heavy on my skin which I love and is also probably the only quality I look for in a foundation. It is also a pore less foundation which means it won’t clog my pores. I use a beauty blender to apply my foundation as it is much easier and helps me blend well. The trick to prevent your foundation from settling in your creases is to blend your foundation thoroughly and I mean thoroughly. You should spend at least about 6-7 minutes just to blend that foundation in to get a natural looking skin. This should not give you oily skin after many ours of applying it too.


The final step to your base makeup for this look is baking. Yes I bake my face. For those of you who don’t know what baking your face means: it is a method where you apply loose powder specifically, not any other powder ONLY loose powder on your face in the areas which tend to get oily and the ones that need to be highlighted. This helps your face stay matte for longer times. You might feel that this is a routine for heavy makeup but trust me it is not. It works wonders and will let your makeup last longer. “Wipe” the powder using a soft face brush after at least 3-4 minutes so it gets time to settle well and in the mean time you can do your eyebrows which actually brings us to our next step.


Audrey Hepburn has very thick eyebrows that are filled all the way. You can however do them the way you like. Maybe fill in the gaps, give them a different shape or stick to your routine method. It’s all up to you. I filled in the gaps of my brows using MAC’s Carbon eyeshadow which is completely matte and the shade matches perfectly to my brows.



For blush I used the MAC cream blend blush in “Special Something”. Apply it to the apples of your cheek and swipe it up towards your cheek bone. Don’t use too much of a blush as Audrey had slight pink on her cheeks. Use it just to give a natural colour to your cheeks. We will not be contouring our face as no one really contoured their faces during those times hence we don’t need to give any specific kind of dimension to our faces. This is one of the reasons why this look can be a part of your daily makeup routine. Contouring requires perfection and consumes quite some time hence you can do a quick look while you’re on the go.



After Baking, doing my brows and blush.
Before applying my eyeshadow I used my Urban Decay eyeshadow primer so that the shadow stays on all day. For my base shadow I applied a mixture of the 3rd and the 5th shade from my Maybelline The Blushed Nudes eyeshadow palette. These are more shiny nude shades.


Later I applied some darker shades that are shade 7 and 10 from Maybelline’s the Nudes palette in the crease and the outer corner of my eyes. This helps countour my eyes.


This eye look can basically double as a cut crease look. Make sure you blend the crease shadow with the lid shadow really well using a blending brush. Next to finish with the eyeshadow I took the same blending brush I earlier and applied a little bit of MAC’s Embark eyeshadow a bit over my crease and blended it well.


To finish it all up I added a thin winged eyeliner with a small wing and curled my lashes using the eyelash curler and applied Benefit’s Roller lash  mascara (to make my lashes longer) followed by Chanel’s Le Volume de Chanel Mascara (to give some volume to my lashes). You can even apply some false lashes but I suck at doing that so I didn’t even try it.


The eyeliner I used is from Stilla Cosmetics
 Also since Audrey had really big eyes and if you have small eyes you can try to “open them up” by applying a nude shaded pencil such as the NYX Wonder Pencil on your waterline. This is totally an optional step.




To finish up the whole look I wore my favourite lipstick from Bobbi Brown in the shade Soft Rose. It’s a nude pink colour. You would see Audrey either in such nude pink shades or a signature bright red lipstick. Since I was going for more of an everyday look I decided on using this lipstick rather than the bright red lipstick. But to be honest, you can use any shade of lipstick with this look. All of them will look just as good and pop out from the rest of the make up.



So here it is the end of this make up tutorial. Hope you liked it and would love to try it. If you’re reading this thank you for reading the whole post I really appreciate it.

See you soon!

You May Also Like

0 comments