Make up brushes that I use

by - 3/12/2018 10:44:00 pm


Hey guys!
It has been a hot minute since I've uploaded anything but I’m back with almost new everything. So I decided that I should really begin with the tools that I use to do my make up instead of just creating and posting my looks first. It’ll basically give an idea on why and how I use certain tools.

These are the face brushes that I use, the ones which I basically use to apply my base makeup.

Fluffy angled brush
I bought this brush about 6-7 years ago and I don’t remember where I bought it from neither does it have any name written on it. But you can find this kind of brush almost anywhere. I use this to apply my blush. The angle on the brush hit the right spot on my cheeks and the fluffiness of it really helps to blend the blush and make it look more natural. It is one of my ride or die brushes.

PAC Angle fluffy brush – 215
This is almost like the smaller version of the above fluffy brush. I use it to apply my highlighter as it hits right on to my highlighting areas and blends out the edges. I’m not a huge fan of the fan brushes used to apply highlighter as they just concentrate the powder to one particular area and I don’t like the final look of it. Although, this is not a necessary brush as you can even apply your highlighter with your fingers or even a beauty sponge too.

Forever 21 brush
I just totally made that name up. This brush doesn’t have any name and it comes with bunch of other brushes at Forever 21 that look so pretty. When I first bought the set I didn’t really expect all of the brushes to be so soft. This brush in particular I use the most to set my face with a powder. It is the perfect density and the tapered end perfectly fits under my eyes while I’m setting them. Also its big enough to quickly help me set my whole face with loose powder.

Fluffy Forever 21 brush
This one came in a set too which I bought long time ago. I like that it’s a little flat from the side and fluffy too which helps me apply my bronzer/contour and also seamlessly blend it out. The size is perfect to sit under my cheek bones and other small areas where I have to apply my bronzer. I don’t like using a lot of bronzer, I just use it to give some dimension to my face and not tan myself  like some beauty guru’s do with a big ass brush.

These are my eyeshadow brushes. My eye makeup has to look perfect out of everything and so I own quite a few. Each one has its own purpose.

Small pencil brush
This brush again I bought few years back and this one too has no name on it. This is a small brush with short bristles and is really good for applying eyeshadow under the eyes and highlight the inner corners of my eyes or the brow bone.

Pro Arte tapered shadow blending brush
I use this brush to apply shadow which I want to be diffused in a certain place. I usually use it after the transition shade, mainly to apply the eyeshadow below the transition shade. Sometimes I use it on the outer corner of my eyes to deepen and diffuse the outer corners.

Wet n Wild large eyeshadow brush
I use this brush to either apply the lid colour or when I don’t have and clean blending brush and I just want to blend out the overall edges of the eyeshadow. It is perfect to diffuse out the shadows in your under eye area too.

MAC – 217
What is a brush collection without this brush. This brush is almost like the above wet n wild brush but a bit more precise. I usually use it to apply the lid shadow and sometimes to deepen up my crease shadow a bit. But if you don’t want to invest in such an expensive brush you can always use the above wet n wild brush.

MAC – 224
This is one of my ride or die brushes too. I cannot live without this one. It is the best blending brush. It blends the shadow so seamlessly and is the best brush to apply the transition shade with.

Faces angled eyeshadow brush
I have this brush with me for so long. It is the best to get a proper diffused cat eye effect for the eyeshadow. The angle really helps give off a wing and the fluffiness blends the edges well.

theBalm dual ended brush
I like the fact that this is a dual ended brush. I wish they made more brushes like these so it would be easier for travelling. I use the fluffy side of the brush to deepen up the crease or the outer corner of my eyes and the flat end of the brush I either use under my eye or to apply a simmer eyeshadow to my lid.
These are my absolute ride or die eyeshadow brushes
Also guys I didn’t mention this earlier but I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply my liquid foundation. This is the best sponge ever and gets bigger after wetting it. The best thing is that it doesn’t absorb too much of product that many other sponges do.

You can buy some good and affordable make up brushes from:

  • Nykaa's in house brushes
  • NYX cosmetics
  • Wet n wild
  • PAC cosmetics
  • L.A. Girl
I hope this post was helpful. You can comment down below in case you need help with buying good brushes.

Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments