Review – Huda beauty faux filter foundation

by - 4/04/2018 02:56:00 pm


Hello guys!
I’ve not made any post about me reviewing products in a while. I love such posts as they really help you know whether you should buy a particular product or not. So here’s my opinion on the Huda beauty faux filter foundation.

In March Nykaa added this foundation to their site. I’ve wanted this foundation since the time Huda announced that she’s working on a foundation.

This foundation caters to 30 different skin shades although they just sell 28 of them on nykaa. To find my perfect match I did some research online. The best part was that Huda’s team has provided a shade comparison guide on her website (click here for the comparison guide) which made it all the more easier for me to find my shade.
I’m an NC42 in MAC so my perfect shade was anywhere between Macchiato 400G, Brown Sugar 410G and Toffee 420G. I decided to go with the darkest shade i.e. Toffee 420G (G stands for gold as in gold undertone) because I didn’t mind going a little dark as I can lighten the shade using a lighter foundation. I also found that it has a slight red undertone.

The foundation is packed in a frosted glass looking plastic bottle which is of a real good quality. Also I’m glad that they used plastic instead of glass as it’ll be lightweight and won’t break unlike glass packaging, making it travel friendly.

So this is supposed to be a full coverage, filter looking, matte finish foundation. And it does claim to do what it says. It is very high coverage and I just need one pump to cover my whole face.  The thing that I loved about it was the fact that it even helped me cover up my pores. Some foundations accentuate my pores making my foundation look cakey but this is nothing like those foundations. Also the surprising thing was that it didn’t feel heavy which I loved the most. I don’t like the feeling of some foundations as it feels like you’re wearing a mask which you just want to take off.

The only downgrade about this foundation is that it has a very strong smell which you’ll hear everyone point out. Some people breakout because of scented products but for me personally I cannot take any strong smells as they immediately trigger the worst kind of headache for me. This foundation has a pretty strong smell, it smells just like the “Blue lady” perfume and I only know this because a friend of mine uses this perfume.The scent itself is quite good but it's just too intense.

I hope you found this review helpful. Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments